We all have seen The line “Get your own website for just ₹99”. Let me tell you very clearly “you get what you pay for”.These online web builders also have a free version available but the domain name will be dependent, to get a custom domain they charge the ₹99. These web builder are of great help to those who wish to have a single page website at cheapest price but the consequences of such a website can be easily noticed. These website lack professional characteristics and advance website features, it is limited to what the web builder has to offer. Longer load times and Constant disconnections are some of the common issues faced by these websites. The difference between a website builder (A.K.A website in ₹99) vs Website Designers will give you a complete clarity.
Should You Hire A Web Designer Or Use a Web Builder?
Web builders are basically a simple and helpfull toolkit for non-web designers. What was once out of people’s reach can now be grasped with just little effort. But there are things that web builders can’t do that web designers can. The question now is, should you hire a web designer to make your website for you or just use a web builder and build it yourself ?
Web builders like Wix, Weebly, and Jigsy have helped millions of people create websites easily, even without Photoshop or coding experience. For people with small website needs, these tools are of great help. There are many web builders that have popped up in the last couple of years and people can just drag and drop and launch their sites within a day. No coding, No FTP handling, no domain-name registration and name-servers, and all the other technical stuff. Once satisfied, users can simply publish their websites and yeah it’s up and running.
Basic Features of Web Builders:
- Drag and Drop Features: The web building site’s main attraction is their ability to enable regular users to create websites with just a few mouse clicks. By simply dragging elements to a canvas, users have control over how they want their websites to look like.
- User-Friendly Systems: Editing a website is easy too. If users want to change fonts, colors, and even images, all they need to do is click and apply the necessary changes. No editing of HTML and CSS files. Another note-worthy thing about web builders is that they are built in a way that is easily understood by people of all ages. Take Weebly as an example. Once users sign up, they will be greeted by a step-by-step website creation guide. All they have to do is choose from a wide range of options.
- In-House Features And Support: Web builder companies understand that many of their users aren’t technical people, so they all have a team of people who are on stand-by just to answer people’s questions and help them with their troubles.
Why You Should Probably Hire a Web Designer?
While web building sites appear to be all sunshine and rainbows, they can easily lead to a big mess when not enough preparation is made. Problems like transferring websites to a different host, limited features, and design redundancy are just some of the common problems that you might experience in the long run. Let’s take a closer look at them.
- Take Wix as an example. Since Wix websites are built using their specialized system, hosting the same websites on a different server is close to impossible. It would meananyone who wants to migrate will have to recreate everything from scratch. Other web building sites like Weebly allow transfers from their host to another web server. But features like forums and their own blogging and shopping systems won’t be included with the transfer, including everything that is native to their system. If you hire a web designer who can provide all of the features mentioned above, you will have your own hosting account and won’t have to think about transferring your website from one server to another. And you won’t be limited by the features and flexibility.
- Your immediate needs will definitely increaseas your business or audience grows. This is the problem with every web building site, they won’t be able to keep up with your needs as your website’s traffic grows. With a great web designer, you can ask for features that are otherwise hard to come by on web building sites. Features like an image slider, a user poll, fancy navigation, a robust image gallery, and other things that you might need.You can ask for tons of features and things you want to be included on your site.
- Another thing that could potentially rack up the cost for web builders is when it’s time to move on to another hosting servic And trust me when I say that if a website becomes half as successful as intended, a transfer will happen 100%. Especially for e-commerce sites. Aside from paying someone to do the transfers, there will still be several issues to address such as replicating the features that were left on the web builder’s system amd updating everything that needs updating because web builders aren’t exactly known for rolling out quick updates among other things.
In Simple Words
If your needs are simple, and will most likely be so for years to come, spending a few hours building your own website via a web builder is practical. This is because usually catalog websites don’t need a lot of fancy features. Just a gallery, a place to include text, and other simple stuff. The same is also true for restaurant websites. But if you need to open an online store, a news website, membership sites, forums, and similar heavy-featured websites, I highly recommend looking for professional services. This way you will save time, money, and energy.